We had a great trip to Canada this last week. We left the day after Christmas. On the first day we realized our heater wasn't working so we stopped in Vegas and went to the strip while it got "fixed" We stayed that night at SLC. The kids were so excited to see the snow! When we left SLC our heater wasn't working again so we stopped at Lorinda's house in Pocatello and our heater got fixed again. This time it worked! We got in to Cardston late Friday night. Saturday was Leland and Brittany's wedding! What a great day! It definitely made the long long drive worth it. The sealing was beautiful in the Cardston temple. There was a luncheon and then a reception that night. It was a busy fun day. The kids had so much fun with cousins and it was great seeing everyone. It was really cold that day, like 0*!!! It felt kinda good though and was so beautiful and refreshing! I miss the cold and snow! One time Canyon was running to the car all happy but then he stopped with this funny look on his face like he realized how cold it was. So cute! Sunday we went to church and just hung around. Monday we went sledding, it was so fun! The kids had so much fun. Jonas and I had so much fun! Tuesday was New Year's Eve and Jonas and I decided to go snowboarding/skiing with everyone at Whitefish, Montana. It was an almost 3 hour drive and the roads were not good. We slipped on the ice a couple times and one time, I was totally bracing for impact. I was so wishing I was back at Jonas' parents house with the kids. But we got there safe and I was able to try snowboarding, I have always wanted to. Levi's girlfriend Amy helped me learn and she was soooo patient with me!! I needed a ton of help. I never did figure it out but it was a fun/challenging/maddening experience! I probably shouldn't have skipped the bunny hill, but oh well! I might try skiing next time. It was Jonas' first time snowboarding too, he grew up skiing. And of course he did awesome with it but he switched to skiis and he said it was so much easier! Anyway, about 40 minutes down the mountain we got a call from Nephi that he crashed his car. Bummer! So we had to go back and help him get a tow truck and rental. Levi, Amy, and Tanner were in the car with him. Everyone was ok, just shook up understandably and Amy hurt her leg. So we didn't get back home until 2 in the morning!!! So we sorta missed New Year's Eve. I went in and squeezed each of the kids tight, grateful we had made it back safe. We celebrated on New Year's Day.. A yummy brunch and pinata, fireworks and balloons. We went sledding again. We ended up heading back on Thursday to beat a storm that was coming in on Friday. Oh that drive is soooo long! It bothered us more this time than any other! But we are so glad we were able to go. We had to get our car fixed again on Friday morning in SLC. And then we headed home and we made it! YAY!! Yesterday we put away Christmas stuff and got our house in order again. Feels Good! Back to school and working and life tomorrow! What a great trip!








































So fun! I love the huge snowman. That's awesome that you went snowboarding.
ReplyDelete