Saturday Feb 27th, day after due date, about 4:30 pm my water broke! Jonas and I went to the hospital and went through triage and got checked in. I have always wanted my water to break, labor has never started for me, so I didn't believe it at first. I was so surprised to hear it had actually broken and I was being admitted. I called my Mom to go be with the kids since we had left them. Shannon went over to stay with them that night. All night that night my contractions were constant about 3-4 minutes apart, but I only dilated from a 2.5 to a 3. Dr. Guzman, my awesome supportive VBA2C doctor went home at 7 am Sunday. The new dr on call was not so supportive. ;( She wanted to wait for 20 hours after my water was broken to give me plenty of time to deliver without induction. She finally came and talked to us about the possibility of pitocin. She scared me so bad, I started crying. She warned us on the risks and what could happen if my uterus ruptured. We knew the risks before but maybe it was when she said 'dead baby' and called the 2% chance a high risk. We had planned on a VBAC. Dr. Guzman and the midwives and nurses were all very supportive since I had 2 successful vaginal deliveries before the 2 C Sections. After an hour of trying to decide between just getting another C section or going with the pitocin, we decided to go for what we had originally planned. It was very stressful trying to make that decision. I was fine with it until that dr talked to us. So on Sunday the 28th at 1 pm, I started pitocin. Just like with my other 2 vaginal deliveries, the pitocin worked it's wonders. They monitored me and baby very closely to make sure all was well. If anything went wrong I would be off the pitocin and would get a C Section. When I was at a 5, I decided to go for the epidural. I hadn't gotten one with my other 2 deliveries. It wasn't very fun actually getting it but I was glad I got it. My midwife Tiffany said Claire was sunny side up. She was so calm about everything, it was awesome. My nurse Shaunna was also awesome. She had me flip from side to side with the peanut ball in between my legs, to help Claire flip the way she should be for delivery. About an hour and a half after the epidural, Tiffany checked me and I was at a 10! I couldn't believe this was actually going to work!! I was amazed because with my other 2 deliveries I had a huge urge to push but with the epidural I only felt a tiny bit of something. Tiffany told me to push and she said "Yup it's time for delivery". Everyone was rushing around getting ready and I was sitting there in shock amazed I was about to deliver my baby girl. In 4 contractions, at 7:21 pm, she was born, it was an amazing moment and I felt so relieved and blessed to have her here. She was 9 pounds 1 ounce and 21 inches long! Healthy girl! My parents brought the kids to come meet their sister. It was cute to see the amazement and love on their faces. I'm grateful for Shannon and my parents for taking the kids while we were in the hospital. We got to come home on Tuesday night. We thought of lots of names for her while I was pregnant but always came back to Claire. When she was born the name still felt right. Her middle name... Jonas and I met in the Eliza R. Snow building at BYU-Idaho. The R in her name stands for Roxcy. :) So that's how she got her name. She is an amazing beautiful blessing! Now to get used to life with 5 kids!!!






Love, love, love!! Can't wait to hold that little cutie! She is absolutely adorable!!
ReplyDelete