Monday, March 20, 2017

Claire's surgery

What a crazy unexpected couple of weeks! On Tuesday March 7, I took Claire to Cardon's children's​ hospital to get an ultrasound on her head. Her pediatrician sent me there since her head circumference jumped off the charts. We then got sent to the ER at Phoenix children's hospital. Freaking out just a little here. She got a CT scan, we stayed overnight so she could be monitored, and then get an MRI the next morning. She had a large arachnoid cyst and needed surgery to remove it. Her brain showed no signs of pressure and looked fine. The cyst pushed her brain over and it definitely needed​ to be removed.  We were able to go home and celebrate Jaxon's birthday. We came back the following Wednesday March 15th for surgery. Dr Bragg did the surgery and all went well. It was a long wait. Jonas and I walked all over the hospital and had lunch in the cafeteria. It took almost 4 hours. It was so good to see her after. Everything went well. Recovery in the hospital was hard but we got through it. Early Thursday morning, the first night, in the PICU Claire had just thrown up. The nurse and I had just cleaned her up and I was trying to calm her down. I got really really dizzy out of nowhere. Next thing I know I am on the ground looking up at lots of nurses asking me what happened. I had passed out! I couldn't believe it! My head and neck hurt but everything else felt fine. They made me stay there until they found an adult neck brace and backboard. (Children's hospital) they got me on the gurney and took me to ER. I got all checked out, got an EKG and 3 staples in the back of my head. I almost got sent to another hospital. I had a concussion, they told me to go get my ticker checked.  I was so glad when everything checked out ok and I got to stay. My mom and dad came and were with Claire while Jonas was with me in the ER. I think I was just exhausted and passed​ out. I went back to my room and tried to rest and sleep more the rest of our stay. We were able to go home Friday night. After getting the girls from my parents, we had a tire blowout on the freeway. Jonas changed it, then we got the boys. It was so good to be home. Claire and I are recovering. What a bunch of craziness!!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment